Independent Person in the Secure Accommodation Review Process
Practice-based, live webinar
Duration: 3 Hours
Price: £65 +VAT
Some young people may at times in their lives be required to be accommodated in secure accommodation placements. An independent person may be required to ensure their rights are not being infringed upon.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the purpose of secure accommodation, and reflect on cases in which secure accommodation is not appropriate
- Be familiar with the legal framework for placing young people in secure accommodation, including the admission criteria and the role of the courts in authorising placements
- Understand the nature and purpose of a secure accommodation review panel, and roles of different panel members
- Be able to reflect on the rights of young people with the review process
- Identify the duties and responsibilities of the independent person within the review process, including best practice guidance
Click Book Now to view available dates. New dates are added regularly, so please check back if you are not able to attend any of the currently scheduled events. For bespoke dates, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the booking and payment process, please visit our FAQ page.