NYAS champion the voices and rights of care experienced children and young people.
By joining forces with like-minded charities and organisations and working in partnership we believe we can learn from each other, shape policy issues and deliver improved outcomes for care experienced children and young people.
We work with a wide range of networks, alliances and partners, including:
- The Alliance for Children in Care and Care Leavers
- The Interdisciplinary Alliance for Children (IAC)
- The National Participation Forum (NPF)
- The National Children’s Advocacy Consortium (NCAC)
- Together for Children
NYAS Cymru influencing groups:
- NYAS Cymru chair: All Wales Advocacy Providers Group
- NYAS Cymru chair: End Youth Homelessness Group for care experienced young people – facilitated by Llamau
- Vice chair: Council for Wales for Voluntary Youth Services (CWVYS)
- CAFCASS Cymru Board
- Policy Council – Children in Wales
- Welsh Government’s Ministerial Advisory Group – to improve outcomes for children
- Cross Party Group for care experienced children/young people – facilitated by Voices from Care
- Third Sector Council – Wales Council Voluntary Action (WCVA)
- Welsh Government task and finish group to review/monitor the National Approach to Statutory Advocacy
- Welsh Government Steering Reference Group for Implementation of “Mind over Matters” recommendations from the Children and Young People’s Educational Committee to improve the mental health and wellbeing of children/young people in Wales
- Welsh Government sub-group on above – Advocacy and mental health provision
- Welsh Government Joint Steering Group – Social Services and Housing
- Welsh Government Group for implementation of RISCA – regulation and inspection of statutory children’s advocacy in Wales.