What is the Aim of Project Unity?
Project Unity supports pregnant women and young mums with care experience to engage with services, access practical and emotional support and learn new life skills. During this project, NYAS Cymru aims to keep families together, wherever possible.
The participants in Project Unity can also get involved in projects with other young women who have similar experiences. This project provides confidence building, access to resources and grants, housing support and budgeting guidance.
How Can Project Unity Help?
Project Unity takes a trauma-informed approach to support young mothers. The project aims to help young care experienced women to overcome any barriers that may prevent them from accessing support. Project Unity provides young women with the following support:
- 1-1 mentoring and advice
- Individualised intensive support, and formal advocacy
- Advice and assistance on managing benefits, budgeting and tenancies
- Advice, education and training on healthy relationships and other subjects
- Representation when trying to navigate systems and processes
- Signposting to intervention services when required
- Access to training/education and employment opportunities
- Information about rights and entitlements
Learn more about this project by downloading the leaflet below, which is also available in Welsh.