Appropriate Adults and Age Assessments (Working with Age-Disputed Young People)
Practice-based, live webinar
Duration: 3 Hours
Price: £65 +VAT
When a young person requests asylum in the UK, their age may be disputed. An appropriate and independent adult may be asked to work with and support that young person.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Recognise the importance of seeing the young person as more than an asylum seeker
- Be able to reflect on the traumatic journeys that young people may have undertaken before their arrival in the UK
- Understand the process that a young person will go through once they make a claim for asylum, and how age assessment fits within this
- Have a thorough understanding of the key terms and legislation relating to unaccompanied asylum-seeking children, and to age assessments
- Understand the role of the appropriate adult in age assessments
Click Book Now to view available dates. New dates are added regularly, so please check back if you are not able to attend any of the currently scheduled events. For bespoke dates, please contact our team at email@example.com
For more information about the booking and payment process, please visit our FAQ page.