What Youth Participation Activities are Available?
NYAS offers a range of youth participation activities across England and Wales. Their levels of commitment are varying - some projects feature ongoing, regular meetings, whilst other opportunities may be a singular event. Young people's participation is essential to NYAS' development, and our opportunities include:
- Helping to design and deliver campaigns that raise awareness about issues that matter to young people
- Guest blogging/vlogging on our digital channels to share your experience
- Providing feedback about our services and publications to help us improve
- Supporting our recruitment by interviewing members of staff and volunteers
- Raising awareness of certain topics by sharing your personal experience
- Organising, attending and representing NYAS at supporter events
- Creating, completing and promoting surveys to help us improve what we do
- Providing us with your thoughts about what new services or projects would benefit you
- Sharing our digital content through your personal social media channels
We also offer a range of specific youth participation activities across England and Wales. Each opportunity is outlined in detail further down this page.
If you're interested in any of the youth participation activities above, you can email email@example.com. Tell us what activity you're interested in, why you are interested in participating at NYAS and your location.
What are the Benefits of Participation?
Taking part in youth participation activities has a broad range of benefits. These include:
- Connecting with other young people
- Improving your confidence levels
- Making a positive difference in your local community and beyond
- Good experience for your CV and job or higher education applications.
- Developing a range of skills through training, like vlogging/blogging, writing content, supporting research,
- Opportunities to influence and have your voice heard
- The chance to attend fun events and network with professionals
- Rewards such as certificates, work experience, and sometimes vouchers.
NYAS National Campaigns Advisory Group (England and Wales)
NYAS works with national government and local decision makers across England and Wales, to help them understand what issues matter to young people. We campaign and influence key decision makers to improve services for care experienced children and young people across these areas.
We are looking for care leavers aged 18-25 to join our NYAS Campaigns Advisory Group. You can learn more about this participation project on our website, and full training and support will be provided before you begin.
Got More Questions?
If you have any questions about NYAS' youth participation opportunities, just get in touch. Contact us by email, or give us a call.